Thursday, November 8, 2012

Home tour - Thanksgivng Edition

Well, Halloween festivities are over and  Thanksgiving is approaching so fast! I LOVE Thanksgiving. Growing up we would always wake up and watch the parade and eat pumpkin pie for breakfast. Yup, my parents were awesome! The rest of the day would be so relaxing with grazing on yummy food and cheering on the Dallas, Cowboys with my dad! 

Then the day after Thanksgiving we would bust out all our Christmas decorations and set up our tree! I always loved this transition time between holidays. It was full of fun and anticipation!

Now that Matt and I have our own home, I decided to continue the fun of transitioning through the holidays. We don't go big on decorating for Halloween, be we do decorate for fall. Most of you have seen pictures of our apartment with bright orange berries and pumpkins for fall. Now that Halloween is over, I decided to change things up for this transition of Thanksgiving! Here is what I came up with...


 When I think about Thanksgiving I always picture a time of harvest. So I found some wheat at our farmers market and made a centerpiece with one of our mason jars. Then I just grouped some white pumpkins, pine cones and berries around it for a natural look. 



 I have always seen other people do such lovely tablescapes and wanted to try my own! We don't have any china or specific fall plates, so I just mixed the 2 sets we had. I used the neutral set for the larger plate and our teal set for the small. I really like how the teal compliments the shades of orange.



To finish off the tablescape, I added some beautiful fall napkins and tied them up with a piece of wheat.



 
 I also simplified the rest of the decorations throughout the house by removing the orange pumpkins and using more wheat. 


Of course, I also had to update the chalkboard! At some point I think I will buy chalk pens so I can get more creative!



 Finally, I finished off the Thanksgiving decor with a bowl of nuts! As soon as I saw them on sale at the store, I was taken back to every Thanksgiving growing up and had to carry on the tradition. 



And just for fun, I was taking pictures of our fall tree outside and little Miss Mara had to be in them! Here she is sitting on a chair watching for her daddy to come home. :)



 
And here are the fall tree pictures. Just look at all those colors! One of the many reasons I love this season and the colorful state of Colorado.
 


 Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful time of transition in the holiday season! We are excited to be going home to Texas for Thanksgiving to see all our wonderful family. It's so fun to start new traditions as we blend our two families. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment