Saturday, August 18, 2012

A View of Our Home - Our Bathroom

We will continue the tour of our home with our bathroom!

Here is our mostly green bathroom. My latest additions have been incorporating purple into the the color pallet. Some day I will replace the shower curtain with a green AND purple one! We love the wood flooring and more storage space this bathroom provides compared to our last place!


Love these shower curtain hooks! They were actually my inspiration for the whole bathroom. I love that color green and their retro feel. 


This shelf over the toilet is one of our solutions for storage. I also like making things accessible for guest...like toilet paper, tissue, and a hanging towel to dry their hands. The painting over it was actually painted by my 12 year old sister, Emma and matched the color scheme perfectly!


These green jars were used in our wedding as centerpieces and I re-purposed them for cute storage! Now they hold cotton balls and q-tips...the fun box on the end also conveniently hides feminine products.


The next two shelves hold our matching green wash cloths and towels. I added the purple tissue box for a mix of color and a basket for toilet paper on hand. One day I also plan to spray paint this shelf in oil-rubbed bronze to match with the green and brown!


Here is my attempt at an organized linen closet! As you can see, we have a mix of different baskets that I have collected over time. They hold hair products/supplies, perfume/make-up, extra wash cloths, and nail polish. There are extra towels and toiler paper stored on the lower shelves.

I love having such a large counter top and underneath cabinet storage. Everything finally can have a place! We also love our joining door to the bathroom. Makes it feel like we have a Master bath. :)

 
I added some more purple with a glass vase and dried flowers. The box on the left matches with the one on the shelf and in the linen closet. This one on the counter holds hair ties and bobby pins. 
  

This is another favorite moment in the bathroom! The large plum vase and lavender flower candle holder both bring in more elements of purple. I painted a thrift store frame light green to finish off the look. 
Also, this brown beaded mat is here because it is hiding a hole in the counter!...When we moved in, the counter had a built in soap dispenser that we didn't like. So Matt took it out, but then we were left with a hole that needed to be covered. I think we found the perfect solution and now no one would have ever guessed!

Hope you enjoyed seeing a little bit more of our apartment in progress! Don't be afraid to decorate in your bathroom while making it functional. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment