Friday, August 10, 2012

A View of Our Home - Our Living Room

Matt and I moved into our second apartment in Colorado this past April. While our first apartment was a great start, we never saw it in person before moving in and had some storage/space/neighbor issues. 

Our new apartment is still a work in progress, but I have been meaning to post some pictures for our friends back home...and over seas! 

We will start with our living room :)


(View from our Bedroom)
We were so blessed to purchase our first set of couches this past Spring! We both love the navy that adds color to our apartment! We also love that the walls are not white! Most all of our decorations were painted by myself and family members, or bought and re-purposed from thrift/consignment stores. :)


This end table is actually a kitchen cabinet that we bought at a thrift store for $5! I painted it and added our colorful thrift store lamp! 


 This is one of my favorite moments of the room. The willow creek statute was an engagement present, the sand was from our unity ceremony at our wedding and the wedding album I made. :)

 

This is another thrift store lamp! I just picked matching burlap shades for both lamps to coordinate. Then this candle is an upcycle candle I made with a mason jar. 



I love mixing up textures and colors with our pillows and blankets! I have my eye on some more throw pillows that I would love to mix in!
 

(View from the Dining Room)
The door in the picture leads to our cute balcony. Our bedroom and bathroom are to the left of the living room. 

 

Another favorite moment with the mask we brought home from our honeymoon in Belize!


(View from bathroom)
I really love the shag rug that is more forgiving and the taller ceilings (that are not popcorn style!), which open up the space!


This "side table" was a contribution of Matt. The trunk is an authentic military suitcase that his old neighbor used in active duty and gave it to Matt when he was younger. They both had a special friendship and it is something we treasure as a piece of history! 

Thanks for checking out our home! Keep tuned for more of our apartment tour...or come visit us in Colorado! :) Seriously!

2 comments:

  1. Your apartment is so cute! I need you to come decorate our house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! We have had fun putting it together a piece at a time. Excited for you guys and to see cute baby pics very soon! :)

      Delete