Sunday, August 26, 2012

A View of Our Home! - Our Kitchen

The next part of our home tour is my favorite space, the kitchen! I love spending time cooking and our colorful kitchen makes it even more enjoyable!


Here is the view into our kitchen right when you walk up our stairs! We love the layout, wood flooring, and bar area - The red bar stools were free too! Discount Tire was throwing them out, so Matt was able to bring them home instead and they work great...can't complain with free stools!


The main colors are red and yellow, which bring a lot of color to an apartment kitchen that we can't change. We are very happy with this open concept compared to our closed off kitchen in the last apartment!


We really love all the extra counter-top space and cabinets we have with this elbow layout! We have plenty of room for our appliances to be kept out and ready for use! Plus, my yellow kitchen aid mixer is too cute to put away! 


We also really enjoy our updated matching white appliances! Definitely a step up from our 70's cream appliances and short fridge in our last place. :)


Love having the space to store certain produce that are ideal for room temperature! And I love this little container of drawers that my mom gave us! Adds so much color! 


Here are our fun yellow canisters that hold all kinds of teas. The white utensil holder is decorative and came from goodwill for 5.00!
 

This kitchen also has tall ceilings, which allows for above cabinet decorating...which I have always wanted to do!



This is my favorite part of the cabinet decor! I like the combo of the basket, painting and red tea pot, with the colorful suns. 



Here is our lovely double sink, which I love! We didn't have one in the old apartment, so now I take advantage of soaking dishes when I need to! Then we have the dishwasher and extra counter space for drying pots and pans.



 These last pictures are off our coffee bar. In order to save counter space in our last apartment, we bought this kitchen stand for the coffee maker. When we moved, we decided that we liked the set up and this corner was the perfect spot. Since it's next to the bar area, I will consider it as part of the kitchen! 



 I love our red coffee maker and the yellow espresso set! The white canisters also hold coffee grounds and filters. In the fall, I will convert this to be a hot coco bar when guest come over! :)



 
This stand provides great storage space for coffee, espresso maker, and a basket of kitchen towels. It also conveniently hides some of Matt's tools that he needs more accessible! 


Well that's our red and yellow kitchen! Be looking for my next post of our dining space! I'm super excited about it because of my newest DIY project that I can't wait to share!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment