Saturday, October 6, 2012

Living Room & Balcony - Fall Edition

Welcome to Fall Y'all!

Although this fall hasn't been the same without Olive, we have been trying to enjoy the beautiful creation around us! Fall is my favorite time of year and I love how it welcomes in the holiday seasons. Growing up, my mom always decorated for the holiday season. We never did anything big for Halloween, but we always had such fun fall decor that I loved! Since we have been married, I am trying to slowly collect holiday decor within our budget and add to it over the years. 

Here is a glimpse of our living room and balcony with our fall decor!

 I love fall colors and mixing texture in decorations! 1 silver tray + 1 fall candle + mums + a mini pumpkin = perfect coffee table decor. I also saved all our pine cones from last fall and mixed them in with all our new decor this year. 


This type of set up works well for a coffee table because it is pretty to look whether you are facing the couch or sitting on it! 


This is on our end table/shelf in the corner by the couch. I simply filled a mason jar with mini pine cones and added dried berries to a vase...both which we used last year. I finished off the look with a larger fall candle (Bath & Body Works sale 2 for 20!).

This is our buffet looking into the living room from our dining room. I used a candle holder we already had and paired it with two pumpkins on a leaf place mat. The twig pumpkin came from the dollar bins at Target and the place mat is reused from last year (Bed Bath & Beyond). My big "splurge" here was the table runner from World Market...but it will be used often throughout the year!

The last touches in the living room were these three mini wreaths above our balcony door. These little squares window panes were just asking for something and the wreaths were the perfect size! I kept them simple by just hanging them with left over fabric from the table runner I made. 


Moving out to the balcony, I added a few pieces of fall to our table outside. The tray was from a thrift store that I spray painted and we already had the lantern. Adding a pumpkin and pine cones finished off the fall look!

Hope you enjoyed taking a peek at our cozy fall home! Can't wait to share more of our fall decor this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment