Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kitchen & Bathroom - Fall Edition

Well Denver had it's first snow this past week! That means Fall is officially here. Still getting used to life in CO, but I am actually looking forward to the snow season. Crazy huh? 

So...Continuing our fall edition of the home tour, here is a look at our kitchen and bathroom! 

 This is our kitchen bar all decked out for fall! The runner was actually our table runner from last year...since our table was so tiny, the runner fit perfectly on the bar! Plus, it would have been way too small for our new dining table. :) The fruit basket was also a purchase from last year (Dollar Tree), which now replaced our silver fruit bowl for a touch of fall. 


 On the end of the bar, we have a simple white pitcher (Goodwill) with dried berries and pine cones from last year. I dressed it up a bit with some more scrap fabric from the new table runner. 


 To the right of our bar is my favorite fall edition! On our coffee bar, I made an Apple Cider bar! I used another one of our leaf place mats from last year with two "fall-looking" mugs. I also re-used a chalkboard we already had for the sign. The only thing new was the basket holding the mix, which I found in the dollar bins at Target. - I am currently looking for a homemade recipe for cider, but for now the quick stuff will do! -Let me know if you have a good recipe to share!


 I finished off the kitchen with a fall wreath on our coat closet (to the left of the bar). This was a new addition this year, so I stayed simple with the little "Happy Harvest" sign that I found on sale at Micheal's! Maybe I'll spice it up more next year. :)



 In the bathroom, I added some brown ribbon to the vase and mixed in more berries with the normal dried flowers. A few pine cones complete the look easily!


 I continued the decor on the other side of the counter with more berries and another "Autumn Day" candle that I love! (Bath & Body works).

So as you can see, we have been adding to our decorating stash and trying to enjoy the season frugally! I would love for you to share your ideas on how you re-purpose old decorations or decorate for holidays on a budget...I'm still figuring this out!

Also, please keep Olive in your prayers as this weather is getting pretty cold out there. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. love it all! I especially loooove the apple cider bar! such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ris! I saw an idea for a hot coco bar on pinterest and figured I could do it with apple cider for the fall too!

      Delete