Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Making a Hot Coco Bar {Christmas Edition}

 I am so excited to finally be blogging my first Christmas post of the season! I LOVE Christmas and Matt let us set up our Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving this year. Growing up, my family always decorated and set up our tree the day after Thanksgiving. Now that Matt and I travel down to Texas, we set up our decorations before we leave and they are waiting for us when we get home.

This year, I made a new addition to our Christmas decor...a hot coco bar, and I love it! We have a coffee stand that worked perfect for the bar. Here's how it turned out with a little inspiration from pinterest!


  I first layered a green leaf place mat with a silver tray from the thrift store. Then add two mugs for convenient spoons and yummy candy canes! I also decided to decorate the mugs by writing on them with permanent marker with a Christmas song quote and baking them! I love how they turned out.


This set up works well since I can heat up enough water in the coffee pot when friends come over. Then, there are plenty of hot coco and apple cider mixes in my wire basket from target. 


To put some final touches on the bar, I added a fun chalkboard, Hershey kisses, and mini marshmallows. The little bowl holding the kisses was on sale at our grocery store and the container holding the mallows was from Family dollar...I was so excited that they matched perfectly. Hope you got some inspiration for creating your own hot coco bar!

Stay tuned for more Christmas Edition posts. Can't wait to share more of our Christmas decor and spread the holiday cheer! 



No comments:

Post a Comment